Dr Marie Ooi is a gastroenterologist and interventional endoscopist. She graduated from the University of New South Wales in 2010 and became a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians in 2015. Dr Ooi went on to complete her fellowship training in Japan and Shanghai, where she obtained advanced skills in complex endoscopic therapy, including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) and balloon enteroscopy.
She is accredited by the Australian Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (CCRTGE) for gastroscopy, colonoscopy, single balloon enterescopy, endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatogaphy (ERCP) and capsule endoscopy.
Dr Ooi’s special interests include:
- Bowel cancer screening
- Reflux, dysphagia, abdominal pain
- Iron deficiency anaemia, upper and lower gastrointestinal bleeding
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), coeliac disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Haemorrhoid banding, oesophageal variceal banding
- Pancreatic cancer, bile duct stones, submucosal lesions – endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), fine-needle aspiration (FNA), endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Upper and lower gastrointestinal stricture dilatation
Dr Ooi consults at 480 North East Road, Windsor Gardens and the Royal Adelaide Hospital. She takes pride in providing her patients with personalised, comprehensive care. Dr Ooi is Malaysian-born Chinese and is fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Malay.